Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bedtime Stories

From the time that Eli was just a month old we have been reading to him. We include it as part of our nightly routine and it helps us to all unwind, and Eli now LOVES to read. I have never really had any issues with him sleeping, as long as it was with us!  He has slept with us since he was born besides the occasional time I would think "agh, he should at least get some use out of this bassinet." And then he would end up back in bed with us an hour later. I always knew that I would know when the time was right for us to start putting him in there. I should add too that I am a HUGE supporter of co-sleeping because as a breastfeeding mommy, it is easier. And we're not even uncomfortable! But now that he is getting bigger and nursing a little less at night, I feel like it is okay to put him in his crib. For us it has been baby steps to get him there. We start our nightly routine around 8 after bathtime...we read, giggle and play, and then I nurse and rock him to sleep. I know other parents might do it different and I could care less their opinion. This is my blog, my baby. HA! I also know how fast he is growing and that the times I have to snuggle him close and cuddle with him are growing shorter and shorter. I just thought I would share....
Our basket of books that Eli goes through and picks out what he wants to read. We are probably in need of another trip to Barnes and Noble;)

It is his favorite thing to pick books out! He makes the noises in the books if it is an animal or car. I cannot belive how smart he is! Reading is so awesome!

Yes, those are shark slippers...isn't he cute?!

Some nights we read in bed and he falls asleep with us.

Then I move him into his crib where he sleeps on one of our pillows because it makes him think he is in bed with us. He sleeps here for about 4 hours and then I nurse him and put him back until morning. And then we snuggle until it is time to get up. I love this routine and no one's opinion of "you're gonna wish you hadn't" or "he is too big to be in your bed" or you're creating a monster" or "how do you get any sleep with him in there"....I've heard it all and could care less! He is my heart and soul and this lasts for only so long...

2 comments:

  1. have you read "we're going on a bear hunt?" or "are you my mommy?" that's just two we've been reading around our house a lot lately...just in case you want barnes and nobles suggestions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet baby! I love bedtime, it is seriously my favorite time of day, bathtime, giggle time, story time and a cuddly nurse----nothing better!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...