Friday, August 5, 2011

A Correll Introduction

When I was 19 I met my "to be" husband, Justin. We met at Stater Bros doing our shopping when he asked me (rather confidently) where he could find some sponges. I brushed him off and told him I didn't work there! Ha! But he was persistent and charming, so I showed him which felt very silly to me. We chatted and then he said goodbye without so much as asking for my number! (He went to all that effort and no digits?!) LOL Over the following year we ran into eachother all over the mountain and each time he remembered my name, very surprising! When  he finally asked me for my number we went on our  first date with 7 other friends of mine( I wanted to make sure he was okay)...and we have mostly been inseparable since. After close to a 3 year engagement, we were married in the San Jacinto Mountains with a 3 mile hike to the wedding spot. Only 25 guests joined us for the joyous occasion.
Palm Springs Tram
Our guests who loved us enough to hike almost 3 miles to see us get married!
'I DO'!!!
Shortly after we were married we found out we were expecting! We told everyone and began planning for a new little one. The happiness was short lived when just 13 weeks later we experienced a complicated miscarriage. I went through a stage of depression and anger, but my husband found a way to build me back up again. We were told we needed to wait a year to get pregnant again, and what was only supposed to be one year turned into two. We struggled to get pregnant again and I for sure thought it just wasn't gonna happen for us. I knew that the only thing that could cure that pain I had experienced was a baby....and after just giving up...I found out I was expecting.
This was the 8 week ultrasound and much to my relief there WAS a baby!
It's a boy! Justin and I laid in bed together before we even knew we were having a boy and I introduced the name Eli to him and he offered Ryan as a middle name. We never waivered from that name.

38 weeks and the family is almost complete!
39 weeks 4 days...little did I know I would have him at EXACTLY 40 weeks!
So much pain and all I wanted was my mommy!
Born July 1st @7:59pm 7lbs 3oz 21 1/2 in

First time holding him! The feeling is INDESCRIBABLE!

I fell in love immediately♥
 The joys of this past year and watching our little guy grow has really bonded us as a family. There is no greater joy than to be blessed with a child..as the Lord puts it..."Behold Children are a gift from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward." Psalm 127:3.







5 comments:

  1. Love the intro!
    You were the most beautiful pregnant woman!
    I'm your newest follower!
    I look forward to following you and learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just realized I should update it! It has been some time! My little man is going on two and a half! I look forward to your posts as well!

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog! What a beautiful story. Isn't being a mom the best?

    By the way, we're in California, too! We should talk. :-)

    http://www.missjoandco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is so awesome! What part by chance? We are Southern California Mountains.

      Delete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...