Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pat on the Back

So the last few days I have been dealing with Mastitis. This is an infection caused from nursing. And the third time I have had it. I had it mildly when Eli was really little and then twice just this summer. Let me tell you, it is AWFUL! For two nights I was up til the wee hours with cold and hot sweats, body shakes and vomiting. I am on some antibiotics for it and hopefully that clears it up soon. Mastitis can be very discouraging since it brings the milk supply down, and makes nursing a "latch and go" process since he seems to be frustrated with it too. But I just have to pat myself on the back (and so I guess this blog is just for me) that I have stuck with my nursing goals. In the beginning we struggled and I would cry through every feeding and then Mastitis three times...go me! Mostly, I am just thankful to have had the opportunity to nurse and bond with my baby and give him a healthy start in life. So while this infection is tough that is what keeps me going.

5 comments:

  1. The greatest fight of my life for sure!! Way to go!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it isn't easy, but it is worth it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, OUCH!! I had that with my last baby and had that happened when I was a first time momma I think I would not have ever nursed again. Good job for sticking with it. IT is so painful. SO so so painful. So happy that portion of you life is over, right? Except that newborn baby is now toddling around, crazy how time flies. Thanks so much for coming back and linking up with FBF.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...