Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sisters









My sister and I are polar opposites. From the time we were really little we have always had a "love-hate" relationship. We shared a room growing up and I was the clean one, she the messy one. Being almost 6 years older than her I think I felt that she was a nuisance. She always wanted to wear my clothes or put my makeup on, which of course started a lot of sister fights! But looking back now, I think she was just how any younger sibling is that looks up to their older sister. As we've gotten older, we have also gotten closer...but we're still entirely different! I am particular and go through life with a "to-do" list, and I'm a lot more conservative than her. She flies by the seat of her pants and figures it out as she goes. She is always up for a good time and I usually have to think it through first. She always had a heart for animals growing up too..and I didn't really care for them! One time this lonely black and white puppy was lucky enough to be "found" by my sister...and she had been saving bones for him in her dresser drawers. I remember cleaning up after her when I found them and thinking she was the grossest little sister in the whole world! Little did I know they were for her pet puppy that snuck up to our bedroom window when no one was looking! The differences go on and on, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I admire her in a lot of ways because she is always looking for ways to make life interesting. And she surprised me(and shocked me) when she told me she as gonna be a mommy. I thought "she is way too young!-how will she handle it?!" My neice LeiAna was born and I saw a change in her. A mommy emerged...and  a wonderful one at that. Suddenly the "fly by the seat of her pants" girl I had always known had found a need for solid ground. She became paranoid, and protective, loving and unselfish when her little angel came into the world. Now that we are both mommies, we find we have a lot more in common than we ever did before; we both love our babies dearly. And while she is still a lot younger than me and I know a lot more growing will be done...I am proud to see her grow.
She just turned 21 and we had a nice surprise birthday with just some of our family whom we barely ever see. These are just some pictures from that day.


2 comments:

  1. aww i loved this! it made me sad 2, made me wonder if my sisters ever feel proud of me.. god knows they dont show it. but ur doing a great job @ this i look fwd 2 ur posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure they do! Every family dynamic is different. My sis and I have had our own trials. Thank you! I was hoping they weren't boring:/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...