Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"You Make Me Feel Brand New"

Tomorrow is my Anniversary of four years...and I am spending it without him. Unfortunately, (and fortunately) his work keeps him busy and sometimes during the hot summer/fall months we are separated a lot...and this happens to be one of those times. We had a wonderful weekend getaway planned to just relax and enjoy each other (and our baby boy) but I had to cancel it. I'm sure we will make up for it when he gets back...
Tonight in the truck on the way home from my mom's house I set my ipod up (it always makes the drive more pleasant when listening to my tunes)...and I began to think how we have never really had a song. Sure there have always been songs that we say "oh how sweet that one is, it reminds me of you"..etc. But not one that we have danced to or declared ours. But each time I think of a song I keep going back to the same one. Maybe because it just says it all??? I dedicate this one officially to my husband of four years who has been my rock and best friend.





We've learned so much about one another in these past four years (and the three years before we were married)...but he continually surprises me. Having him there with me when I labored and him coaching me through each contraction, feeding me ice, and rubbing my back really showed me that he could see me at my worst...and still love me...more than ever. When we finally got to hold our son, he cried with me...it was an emotion I can't explain..but he did it with me. I love him more knowing that because of him I have this wonderful son, and a home that he has worked so hard to provide for us. I always feel like the luckiest woman because I have never had to dish for compliments or wonder if my husband finds me beautiful...he tells me constantly. I get foot massages all the time (wow, right?!) Aaand he still opens my door for me. Although, not all the moments in our marriage have been roses, we have always found our way back to each other and apologized. When things aren't what I want them to be I know that when the dust settles he will be there...I love him more and (differently) than when I said "I do"...

Just some old pics of us before we were parents. :)

1 comment:

  1. how cute are you guys?! Those pictures of you guys are adorable...happy anniversary (even though youre apart, im sure youll make up for it ;)!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...