Tuesday, October 4, 2011

FALL!

Temps are much cooler today than previous days and I can officially welcome autumn. We keep all our fall decorations in the attic and you should have seen me (yesterday) trying to figure out how I was gonna get the decorations down without the help of my husband. Our ladder seemed to be MIA so I came up with the not so clever (very dangerous) way to get them myself. I stacked a table in the hallway (where our attic is) and then a chair on top of that, then hoisted myself up by making my feet like those of a sticky tree frog and climbed the walls while pulling myself up...haha. Once up there, the digging wasn't so hard to find them and then I was  all giddy to get the decorations out. :) Annie, sent me a cute yummy smelling candle and that set the whole thing in motion. My decorated house and lack of a cast proves that I made it without any injuries!

And the same evening I suppose I was feeling very Susie Homemaker-ish and decided to make a yummy dinner which appears to be very involved but takes no time at all. After all the decorating I just wanted something yummy to eat and stare at how cozy it made our space.
Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
4 pk chops
2 eggs beaten and set aside
flour for dredging
panko bread crumbs
shredded Parmesan
Italian seasoned bread crumbs
salt and pepper

Get a pan of oil hot enough for frying. Also, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
While it is heating, season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
Mix enough Panko, Italian bread crumbs and Parmesan to dip the pork chops and generously coat.
Dredge the pork chops one by one in the flour, then egg, then Panko, Bread crumbs and Parmesan.
Fry in oil until just golden brown-pork chops will still be pink.
Finish in the oven (not necessary to flip them once in oven) for about 10-12 minutes...or until not pink.
The key is not to overcook them and let them sit for about 5 minutes before eating.
YUM!



Today was not even as relaxing as yesterday. Another truck window broke (I know!) and so I went down the hill to get the parts so my hubby could fix it...and thought I would squeeze in some shopping for the wedding I'm attending Saturday..and well, it was not such a great idea. Eli is teething and was impatient, squirmy and made sure that everyone knew it! Picture this-I'm in the dressing room and he is in his stroller but somehow manages to squirm out of his stroller..then is touching everything, (eew), and then poops his diaper. And it happens to be like the smelliest one ever...just permeating out this awful stench from the dressing room and he is SCREAMING (all the while I'm in there "almost done honey, okay, just one more minute...stay out of that!)...then I emerge, items in hand and EVERYONE is just staring at us like "could you get your stinky child in order, please?!" UGH. Not my best day.

5 comments:

  1. motherhood isnt about the perfect days, its about YOUR CHILDREN living thru them :) keep up the awsome job, they grow so quickly and these r the things u will remember

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps.. u were totally a ninja 2day LOL and ur house looks awsome, and im totally gonna try ur recipie, ty 4 sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious! i haven't decorated our little apartment because that means i have to store them - and we have ZERO storage. i think we'll draw a christmas tree on the wall once december hits haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Jen...space is an issue even with us! Thanks Christin, I'm sure I will love these memories:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww, your decorating looks so cute ! i don't do much decorating yet because before, like jen, we didn't have any storage in our apartment. and now, i just haven't bought anything except christmas stuff because anything i put out, brett will NOT leave alone so there's no point. some day.... :] (the only places that are safe are on top of our kitchen cabinets ! he isn't tall enough to reach or climb onto them... yet.)

    and that dinner looks so good !!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...