Monday, November 21, 2011

Turkey Day Traditions




Thanksgiving has always been my favorite time of year next to other holidays. I love the giving, the thankfulness aaand THE FOOD! I have always found it amazing that the majority of our country cooks the same dishes on the same day every year. I know there are lots of different traditions that families incorporate but let's face it...most people do turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, green beans, gravy, pie....etc. I actually love this classic holiday meal since the rest of the year there is no way I eat most of that! Food isn't my most favorite part of this holiday though; it's family! I love that for this one day of the year families get together to spend time cooking in the kitchen, laughing, relaxing, enjoying each other's company and then diving into a meal cooked by family. It is the simple part of life that people decide to partake in just that one day. It would be wonderful if Thanksgiving was more of a weekly event rather than yearly, but then there would be some seriously obese tired people (don't you just love tryptophan???) LOL
This year we are doing something entirely different as a family. We won't be spending it with my parents in their new home as most would expect...instead we are traveling to see some family in Arizona that we never/rarely see...my sister and nephews and Justin's sister and nephews. I am hoping to squeeze the Grand Canyon somewhere in there since I have never been! This will be our first road trip like this with Eli
So, Happy Thanksgiving friends...I hope yours is wonderful and tasty however your family celebrates!


Yes, that's crayon remnants on his face!


1 comment:

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...