Monday, December 12, 2011

10:29



It's no secret I love my family, especially my little one. He just happens to be so photogenic and cute almost all the time, that I just can't resist sometimes...



I'm a bit of a neat freak. This poor child has watched me scrub these floors since he was born almost every single day...sometimes twice in a day. And then before that, I'm sure he felt me twisting his comfy cozy environment while I busily prepared our home for him. The day before I went into labor, I mowed the lawn. No big deal. I think he has caught on...
With  a raging fire going all day while snow softly fell and the smell of apple vanilla candles burning; us taking intermittent cleaning  breaks to play cars and snack, you would have thought we would just ease into bed time...well, you thought wrong.
This sweet sleepy face had more energy than a puppy. At one point we turned off all the lights and thought Shaun the Sheep (his favorite besides Sprout TV) would make this hyper little guy tucker out. I even thought about getting out a bucket of soapy water and a scrub brush so he could clean the bathroom....but that probably wouldn't have taken even the slightest umph out of his toddler spirit.
So, sometimes as a parent you just need to let them play it out, giggle and wriggle til they can barely keep their eyes open...just go with it. We sure did...and at 10:29 our little puppy fell deeply asleep.
Not a moment too soon.

2 comments:

  1. i love bed time ! lol and i love catching brett asleep. :] has he stuck the vacuum attachment on his cheek or belly yet ? bubba loves doing that !

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, he hasn't! That's too funny!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...