Thursday, February 23, 2012

Let's Get Saucy

My hubs left the little guy and I alone for the evening.
Wha??Date night with my most handsome little man?Yep.
I could have taken the easy way out, made us some sandwiches and let the house become a war zone of Eli's toys...(oh wait, we did do that last part...)
But.
Instead I felt Saucy. Like break out the whole sha-bang and make this delicious meal for us to enjoy complete with dinner music and all. You see, it was our date night...and I couldn't disappoint.
Pork Chops with Bleu Cheese Gravy
You simply must make this super easy dish.
Oh.My.Word.<-----Link:)

And afterwards we slow danced to some Amos Lee. Or rather he hugged my legs while I kept the rhythm. 
I suggest slow dancing with your kids. It's what my husband calls a moment.
--- He says, "when you hug some one breathe really deep"...a "moment" is sure to ensue.


And then we cuddled up...watched American Idol in honor of my husband who is obsessed and missed it (I must fill him in on the details, very important wifely duty..)

Date night was a success. One handsome boy + delicious dinner + fabulous toddler conversation + some adorable hand holding while movie watching = how could that have gone wrong?!

I mean, it went so well...I've asked him out for another:)

3 comments:

  1. ahhh such a cute post!! and those pork chops look full of amazingness.
    -jes
    www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a great date night! Sounds so sweet!! As a little girl, I remember dancing on my daddy's feet. I'm not so little anymore and will always have that memory tucked away. :-) Thanks so much for visiting our blog and commenting. We are following you back as well. Hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend!!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I give my son good memories like those!I loved your fun blog!

      Delete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...