Monday, February 13, 2012

Our Love Story | Why Valentine's Day is Not Just a Hallmark Holiday



Valentine's has always had a special place in my heart. Six years ago Justin proposed to me on Valentine's Day at the top of an icy mountain---10,000 feet up...later that became the wedding destination. It was also the spot of our first date. 

As I anticipated where he would take me for our first date, (without seven other people)...just him and I...I found surprises all along the way, roses on the truck seat, a romantic surprise date somewhere and an evening of magic. 
He took us to the top of an icy mountain 10,000 feet up to the best fine dining meal I have ever had...and a view that only birds and planes get the privilege to see. Every detail was accounted for...chair pulled out, compliments, and reserved but romantic hand holding. Love in the making.

Little did I know that a year later he would take me to that same mountain to propose...and three years later make me his wife....also, on that same mountain top. We enjoyed another delicious meal and love inspired date, complete with roses, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Something in my stomach told me there was something special about this Valentine's, but nothing happened. Dinner came and went...and no proposal! I kept my nervousness to myself...after all, why would he propose just yet?!

He took my hand and led me to a steep stairwell...could we get any higher, really...I was scared! The wind chilled my hair to my lip gloss and made my nose run...the makeup started to fade quickly. Why was he doing this?!

At the top, off to a corner overlooking mountains, boulders, trees and a breath taking view...he told me,  "LeiShell, you are my love, my life. I know God sent you to me." Then this. Get the tissue.

 "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."1 Corinthians 13:4–8 

Then he took my hand, knelt down on his knee...carefully, pulled out a box from his jacket and upon opening...very nervously asked me to marry him, "marry me and make me the happiest man alive?!"

We began a journey that day...the journey of love, struggle, triumph and two years later a family. 

I feel so blessed to share this sweet love story...our story.

More about our beginning...if you're interested...and there's pictures!

Happy Valentine's Day!
-----------------------------------------------


I also started a hobby blog....if you're interested. Tell me what you think???

1 comment:

  1. that's a very sweet story ! :] sounds like your hubby is a very romantic man !!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...