Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bulging Proud Heart

It's a bittersweet time when you realize the toys that "he'll grow into someday"--- has come.
I had a tendency to buy toys beyond his age when he was younger because I just couldn't help myself...this giraffe toy in particular since it went with his jungle themed room.
Fifteen months ago I was ushering his body onto it, adoring his coos of excitement, snapping cute shots...and now he does it all by himself. Sniff. ((Bulging Proud Heart)) thump.thump. ---Sniff.
This is Eli and the giraffe at all different ages from 3-6 mos.

Eli will be two years old  July 1st. Time really does FLY! 
Are there toys your little one has grown into? Am I the only sap that gets teary eyed when this happens?!?!

4 comments:

  1. sooooooooooo cute ! he looks so much like his daddy. :] that's kinda how i am now with brett and his power wheels. he wasn't too sure about it at first and couldn't quite reach the pedal easily but now he loves it and has no problem reaching it--just one year later. :] we have also had several toys that he kinda of really enjoyed for a while then didn't care at all and has come back full circle to loving them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaw, since you are a bit ahead of me, I can see what I have to look forward to. I think it is miraculous what they learn in such a short period of time...in the womb and then bam..riding power wheels! He does look like Justin...but I think he has my eyes, no?

      Delete
  2. first time at your blog and this is adorable.
    i don't have kids of my own ... BUT my mom had a moment like this with me awhile ago.
    i had a lovey that i carried around with me everywhere and its just completely tattered now.
    she says she's planning to give it back to me when i get married but i don't know if she'll be able to part with it!
    -jes
    www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is so cute. I sort of hope that Eli latches to something so that he can have the memory and tattered evidence of it when he's older:)I'll probably be like your mom though, and not be able to give it to him!

      Delete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...