Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's what life is all about




I love that my son gets to grow up with his cousin. Only eight months apart, they are already close.
But I see them even more so as they get older. To watch her, LeiAna, "mother" him, and him tease her... melts my heart in ways hard to explain.

This is what life is all about.

Rolling around in balloons to make your hair fuzzy.

Spending an afternoon at a park when a nap is in order instead...ignore it....I'll sleep when I'm gone.

Giggling with family about all the cute things your little one does....noticing every forlorn look, grumpy pout, zoned out stare or awe for life....

Notice everything, take pictures...

Breathe in simple moments, like the push on a swing from a loving mother.

Life is so short and fleeting, but sweet and soo important...purposeful.

 I swear I never realized it until I was looking into my newborn babies eyes for the first time...

2 comments:

  1. I really loved this post. "Life is so short and fleeting, but sweet and soo important...purposeful." This is so insightful! I re-read this 3 times and I am still re-reading it. I am certainly taking it all in. I think about how we are done having children and it is so sobering for me. Makes me cherish them a trillion times more. The other day, they were both crying and I was smiling.. Kenny said, "why are you smiling, babe?" I said because one day I am going to miss this chaos and I am soaking it all in"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw, thank you. I feel like this a lot, and don't express it. Expressing it makes me feel it more. Even on bad days, you're right, it's still great!

      Delete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...