Sunday, March 11, 2012

Simple Things | Happy Birthday Mom

My mom's birthday is today...a special day even for me because without this wonderful day, I would not be here...nor would I have been blessed with such a caring and tender teacher in life, mentor, friend, nurturer or example to live by.

She is my confidant and best friend. When times are tough..I turn to her for advice. She always listens, never judges and when the opportunity presents offers her wisest advice--which always turns out to be the right advice.

She is the ultimate sacrifice of what a mom would do for her child. When she was five months pregnant with me,  her water bag tore. She would have had me far too early and who would know what that circumstance would have been---
But she laid on her back in bed for the next 4 months, only moving slightly to use the restroom...reading every Harlequin Romance novel she could, listening to music and watching me grow in her belly. Without her diligence to do that, I probably wouldn't be here.

My mom doesn't have a judgemental bone in her body or one that craves anything but peace. She is the glue of our family...all of it leads back to her. She holds us together.

When I think of someone to model myself after---it is her.

So happy birthday to a person of love, character, beauty and integrity...Happy Birthday mom.

I love you more than any words could ever say. Really.


Enjoying the simple thing that brings me happiness, my mom. What is yours?

5 comments:

  1. awww happy birthday to your mom!
    xx jes
    www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, four months of bed rest !!! she certainly does sound like an amazing woman and i can see where you got your natural beauty from. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww- what a lovely post. Hope her birthday is a great one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your mother! What an amazing story of her pregnancy. Mother's are so wonderful :)

    Bennett Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to your mom!! she really is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...