Monday, March 19, 2012

Things to Love about Snow

This storm we had delivered two feet of the white stuff. It was a great excuse to make a lot of phone calls, stay in jammies, put the chores off, drink tons of tea, play games on the floor and spend some quality time as a family.
Those are the things I love about snow.

And this.































The harder part about the snow for me was not baking tons of yummy goodies since 8 days ago (I'm counting), I declared no sweets for a month. And what do you think I wanted to do all holed up inside with it dumping snow outside? Eat sweets...I seriously had moments of envisioning body parts as donuts, peanut butter cups and cupcakes. I'm still in serious detox mode and it hurts...like bad. 

But seeing my little guy finally get to go out in the snow, stuff it in his mouth, climb up little snow mounds just to slide back down and  squeal whenever it would dump from the trees and hit his eyelashes...(just in pure awe that one moment we could see the ground and the next...not sure at all where it was)---that was a good distraction.

No, that was a GREAT distraction!

9 comments:

  1. aww glad to see he had fun!
    it was snowing when i left portland a week ago. and apparently it was snowing last night. talk about a late winter!
    xx jes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very late winter! I'm just happy to have one. It makes for a better summer!

      Delete
  2. We have your 80' weather here in Michigan. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wasn't ready for winter to leave! Watching the little ones play in the snow is one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't care for it much until seeing my little one play in it:)

      Delete
  3. he is soooo cute all bundled up in his little snow suit ! and look at you with your flawless skin ! beautiful just like your momma. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw, thank you, you're too sweet.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful shots!! And I am so impressed that you are giving up sweets. That would be sooooo very hard for me ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO much fun! I cannot wait to take the kids to the snow. It's on our list of To-Dos. I dont know why you are giving up sugar, but good for you lady! :) I could NEVER! lol.. I have issues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not eating sweets because I was eating like two kingsize peanut butter cups a day, and my skin started to break out...so I thought it was a sign. Plus I never give anything up! The snow is so.fun, hope you get to it with your kiddos;)

      Delete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...