Monday, May 21, 2012

Have Bike Will Travel


The Cure to this....
Is 

This...







This weekend was full of blessings. On top of an amazing camera (which I am steadily learning), my hubby bought me a new mountain bike. I haven't ridden a bike since I was probably thirteen, and it didn't have gears. 
I really reasoned with him not to buy it, but he insisted that with all our camping trips right around the corner, that I would be grateful for it. He was right. 

We rode up and down streets until I got the balance of it back (you never really forget...odd)...and then we rode them around one of our local lakes (about 3 1/2 miles). I feel great! My legs and butt are thanking me since I literally have no muscle definition in them... I've considered working out cleaning three stories and going up and down stairs all day.
And the seat left me a little bruised since I am not used to it, but it was worth it. I forgot how much fun it was!

My hubby also got this seat for Eli so that he can ride with us. It makes it all the more fun going places---together as a family.
And as you can see he clearly enjoyed it.:)

7 comments:

  1. sooooo adorable ! i love his big smile and his "crazy man hair" in the first pic. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, he had just woke up from his nap super grumpy! I liked it too!

      Delete
  2. i have a bike and i sold it when i got pregnant because i didn't forsee myself hauling it up and down the stairs to our third story apartment...now i miss it...and now your post makes me miss it even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've gotta get this setup and take Lincoln! He would love love it!

      Delete
  3. Those are such cute pictures of your son! I love to ride a bike but I don't do it often enough. Hopefully this summer. You will love it for camping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think we will love it...I already do!

      Delete
  4. What fun! We love bike rides around here and lots of family walks. 3 story cleaning...wow! That's a job.

    Enjoy that new camera ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...