Saturday, May 12, 2012

I'm A Sappy And Nostalgic Mother

I am sort of sappy and nostalgic, so this Mother's Day has me basically on the brink of tears. Is it really my second year of mothering, nurturing and loving a perfect little soul, that only I can claim to be his mommy?

Hard to imagine that two years ago he was growing in my tummy...I had a scarce idea for how wonderful motherhood would be, but it is more than I could have ever hoped for. There is so much love that spills out of me all the time, I feel like I could burst.

 I've experienced sleepless nights, a sick baby, breastfeeding, loads of laundry...being peed & pooped on, you name it...


And call me crazy, but I love this? Yes, yes...I do. Because he is MY baby. He is worth the bags underneath my eyes, a poor wardrobe that I sacrificed so his wouldn't be, time to myself...because time to myself now includes everything to do with him. Worth it and then some.

Those hard moments are made up for when I'm tucking him in to bed and he grabs my hand, kisses it, then tugs on me until I sit with him awhile. Those moments show up throughout the day...a look, a smile, some cute little thing he says...and his unconditional love. He loves me unconditionally. It is amazing.

He's there when I wake up in the morning before I have even had time to fully know who or where I am. He's behind me unfolding all the clothes I just folded. He's there when I need a pee break...no privacy I tell ya!If I am polishing my toes, he's on my lap inquiring which color he thinks would be best. Apparently, purple everything is best. If there's a party, but kids aren't allowed... it's not my kind of party.

 He's there for all my ups and downs, watching and learning from me.

The things that changed in the last couple of years never felt like an adjustment...or a sacrifice. It felt right. I've found myself in this safe, beautiful cocoon called mothering....and.... I couldn't feel happier that I have found my perfect place in this world.

All the accomplishments in my life that I will ever achieve will pale in comparison to my role as his mom. There is no greater calling than to be someone's mother. No greater gift from God.

Happy Mother's Day!





23 comments:

  1. Aww I loved this, made me all teary eyed! I feel the same way...no matter how mad Christopher can make me sometimes I'm grateful to have him=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for commenting! Nice to have family on here! Yes, it is a crazy ride, isn't it...but we all have to be a little crazy to do it, don't ya think? It's an amazing thing to be a mommy! Happy Mother's Day to you!!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, I know they were kind of personal...but this was for me...and it took me right back!

      Delete
  3. Happy Mother's Day LeiShell<3 You put it all so beautifully. The pictures take me right back to a day I'll never forget...thank you for my grandson<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very sweet post. You have a special little boy.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is precious as can be, happy mothers day!

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, what a precious baby. Happy Mother's Day! I'm glad your two years have been so filled with the joy of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a sappy and nostalgic mother too! I don't think any of us can help it, especially with the first! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking how I would want another when I love him so much...but then I know that is just silliness. Being a mom is the best thing in the world! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. www.munahscupcake.comMay 13, 2012 at 7:56 PM

    Happy Mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very true. There really isn't anything quite like being someone's mom. What a sweet post. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet post. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hope yours was too! Mine was so full of love!

      Delete
  12. hope you had a lovely mother's day! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...