Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mommy Timeout

I had this overwhelming feeling of just needing to relax today. Every time I went to clean something or take care of something, it was like my body just couldn't find the need to cooperate. All I wanted to do was bask in the sun's rays and feel vitamin D entering every part of my skin...it was the only motivation I had.

So, I took Eli outside and let him get as filthy as his little toddler heart wanted while I propped pasty white legs up on a chair to tan them. The sun was bright and warm for the first time in awhile, and it was like my body was saying "aahhh, thank you!" Probably was.
I am the whitest shade of white someone can be. The sun's glow on my legs was almost blinding. ;)

Eli collected rocks for me, one by one bringing them for me to line up...saying each time he set one in front of me, "it's special"...heart melting moment for sure. It was the justification I needed for taking a time out....
"I'm making memories here, mmm-kay?!""

It's these moments that bring me back to reality full swing...like does my carpet really need to be vaccumed right now? Not when I have sun bathing, rock collecting and a toddler with a grin from ear to ear to appreciate.
This is the view from my bedroom window. And where I sun bathed today. We are literally backed up to a forest. I have lived in the mountains my whole life, but never truly near the forest like this. It has been three weeks here and in that short time, I have seen a pack of coyotes (5) every day almost and two days ago a bob cat. It's really cool to see all this so close to us, but a little unnerving too. Thank goodness for my rather large Fox Red Lab, Jerry. He always tells us when something is out there.                                                        


6 comments:

  1. so awesome you live so close to the forest! and enjoy having a toddler who is so excited about the little things...it goes too fast, as i'm learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with taking a rest! We mommies work extra hard! Okay, and you need to get a picture of that cayote pack ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know I do! I wait with the camera to capture, but since I am waiting now, I haven't seen them! haha I agree, being a mommy is hard work!

      Delete
  3. www.munahscupcake.comMay 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM

    What a view! We are blessed to live where we do. Do you have pictures of the outside of your house up yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure are blessed! I have a picture up on my collage for April.

      http://www.leishell-lifeinascrapbook.blogspot.com/2012/05/month-in-photos-april.html

      But to be honest, I was waiting to plant my flowers and get it all perdy before I showed it off. I do love it though.

      Delete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...