Sunday, June 24, 2012

Grandma & Grandpa's | Simple Things

There's just something about a little boy's eyes. They are so full of wonder and curiosity...and light. 
I know most parents can agree to that feeling that their child gives.
It brings contentment to watch them; the heart overflows.



And there's just something about Grandma & Grandpa's that evokes a child's sense of wonder and excitement for life all the more.

Maybe it's the fishing at sundown in grandpa's lap...not knowing that "that long poley thingy" is gonna have a surprise at the end of it.
Watching my son catch his first fish made my heart overflow...
again.



Or perhaps it's playing in the sprinklers to rinse off a sticky treat...



Or maybe it's stickers stuck all over a cute face and pretending to be puppies afterwards?
Yep, that might be it.

Time at Grandma & Grandpa's is like a mini vacation for him (and me)....
There's only a couple people in the world that would share that same awe and excitement for my growing boy the way I do...
I think we can include Grandma & Grandpa in that.

He loves snuggling in their lap watching movies, going on bike rides at sunset with them and exploring every nook and cranny of their house.

I love watching memories emerge.

Simple Things Sunday is a link up about finding that simple thing that made you smile...I linked up, will you?

10 comments:

  1. What great memories captured!! Beautiful!! And you're so right - boys eyes do hold a world of wonder, excitement & oh-so-much sparkle!! :)
    {visiting from Simple Things Sunday- Simple as That}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sweet moments and beautiful images. Love the rim light you captured on his face in the first!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my favorite too! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I loved this post; it's so sweet! These pictures are amazing! Love the silhouettes! There is nothing better than Grandma & Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoah girl! those pictures are amazing! your skills get better every time i check your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I get time to actually take them and go home, edit, etc..I can get some really nice captures! Plus I love it so much.

      Delete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...