Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Little Beach Trip

'Twas the first beach trip of the year for us...
something planned in the early parts of winter when the snow was just beginning to fall. 

It was then my husband was inspired to plan a trip to sandy beaches, salty waters and all the outdoor fun his little heart could desire. 
We all get a little cooped up in the winter... 
but...
I love how my husband finds ways to get us all through it...by looking forward.




Our trip started  by getting me a swimsuit since this changing body of mine required something with a better fit...but I barely wore it since it was pretty chilly. I always thought the beach was sunny...
silly me.

And on the way we realized we hadn't packed any blankets...oops. Apparently, Justin thought I packed them and meanwhile, I thought the same of him. 
A quick turn around to my very gracious mother's house for a stack of warm blankets....
life.saver.


Cool weather or not, we were determined to have our "beach experience".
Eli ate sand, squealed when the water began chasing him ( a very new experience for him! :] ), and tried his darndest to drown himself...good thing for saving hands.

We even took our pup who swam a little...and much to our disappointment got kicked off the beach...we should have realized he was the only dog!

But those few moments of "breaking the rules" were worth it.
We're so rebels.



And what camping trip is complete without s'mores, huh, huh?!?!

I think this is why we even do this.
I mean, camping is a lot of work...pack.organize.pack.unpack...realize you have nothing you should.
It's exhausting...until the end of the evening when you light the fire, make dinner, and break out the s'mores. 


We snuggled, giggled, pulled our hair out chasing a very crazy toddler and asked more than one time if this was a good idea...
A walk around our campsite told us yes.

A family of four sat on opposite sides of each other, no fire in their pit, all of them were on their phones, and no one talked...
It made Justin and I feel that, yes, this is why we do this....all the work is for our family to make memories...
to find what life is really about.
It's about soaking in bike rides, holding hands in the dark, taking in God's glorious world he's created for us....
Just being with the ones you love.


20 comments:

  1. I feel like camping is the ultimate trip! Fun food, campfire, beach, outdoors, family, giggles, card games, whatever!! We are going camping next month and I could not be more excited. You truly take fantastic photos. I am so glad that you guys had a great time. You captures some perfect moments of this trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! I am glad you get to go! Can't wait to see your pics ;) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures! It looks like you had a fantastic time even if it was a little chilly. I look forward to taking a camping trip with our little guy - hopefully it won't be too far off in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camping is so much fun! I hope you can go too!

      Delete
  3. those s'more look aaamazing! awesome pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saved you one, but it is getting gross...so get your butt down here!

      Delete
  4. Aww such cute pictures! I'm really hoping we can take a trip to the beach this year. Camping will be a must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can too! It is a lot harder when they are little though. Now Eli can do whatever we want, before it was a hard schedule. But maybe try one night!

      Delete
  5. I love the name Eli!!! Looks like you all had a fantastic trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am obsessed with his name still, haha. Naming a person is so fun!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like in the end it was a beautiful memory :) And I absolutely love the bike shot in motion, you should frame it!

    http://jojfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looked at your blog, love love. So thank you for your sweet comments!

      Delete
  7. Looks like you guys had a fabulous beach getaway! Sometimes just getting away makes the world of difference for the soul. Love all of your photos and cracked up when you said your pup got kicked off of the beach. :-)

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is those little details that make memories! haha

      Delete
  8. Aw, looks like a great trip despite all the effort required. You are right that it is so important to make those memories.

    Great shots! I really love your motion shot on the bike. Fun stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Really appreciate that!

      Delete
  9. There are way too many great pics in this post! Looks like fun! I just love the beach! That first bike shot is crazy awesome! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I will frame that one, because everyone seems to like it! Even me!

      Delete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...