Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mommy Recharging


Call me camera happy with all these photos...
But seriously this is just an attempt to fall in love with my baby again...
well, crazy toddler.

I feel the need to vent. Today was just one of those days when nothing I did made one difference because he decided early on that it was gonna be his way...and if not all hell was gonna break loose.
I would like to think I know how to handle my own kid, but sometimes, I really wish there was a manual.

For all his beautiful qualities he makes up for it with this terrible two stage. I mean he eats well, is potty trained, sleeps good, plays well....

But he needs constant stimulation. He gets bored easily. We HAVE to have a set amount of time outside because that is the only thing that really does it. He loves books, puzzles, and coloring...
but the outside time does something for that little toddler soul of his...
It keeps him from turning into a crazed creature of the depths.

And maybe this is just a boy thing in general, but it can be exhausting...especially on days when I am lacking in sleep and just need to relax a little. 

And then the awful tears set in...
This boy knows how to fire up the water works...
And throw things, and scream...boy does he scream.
I get dirty looks from people at the store because he will just let out a shrill, not even throwing a tantrum...just likes to hear it...

SO, I have my hands full...but then I look at these pictures, and it recharges me.
I get to do it another day...pull my hair out, shed a few tears, take a mommy timeout so I don't throw my own tantrum...and then reflect on the day...

Thinking, "wow, it was perfect".
Crazy how we can do that....








5 comments:

  1. oh my cuteness!! i love how all these pictures go through the many emotions of a toddler (per hour lol)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I did that on purpose! haha, but I just thought these are the pictures that tug at my heart strings when I've had a rough day and it just puts it all back in perspective. Toddlers are hard work, but so fun too...they are full of life!

      Delete
  2. Aw, so many sweet pics, but that train photo is priceless! We're in total toddler meltdown phase here. My girl, now 22 months, certainly has her own agenda and will let you know quickly if she is not happy. Yikes! Some days it's brutal. Thank goodness for those sweet moments in between ;)

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness! I love that last picture. So cute! Keep it up, Mama, you're doing a fine job. This stage wont last forever. I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel and I'm sorry that some days are just so rough! Just remember to breathe (take some deep breaths)! You got some great shots here! That last one is a riot; love that face!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...