Monday, July 16, 2012

Marriage Is....and a Recipe!


See, I disagree...

Marriage is for times when you are feeling run down, aimless and need someone else to pick up the slack.
Like today when all I wanted to do was laze around in my jammies, complain of womanly pains and ignore anything that had responsibilities.

I sent him on a " tampon run"...and he came back with everything a girl could need, plus made dinner, bathed Eli and let me watch Bridesmaids while I sipped on a much needed glass of wine.

This, my friends, is what marriage is all about...:)



Does your husband do things of this nature? I melt when mine does...he had me at "sit on the couch and relax babe"...

----------------------------------------------------------------
I also wanted to share a super easy recipe for chicken that I made for my hubby the other night.


Grilled Lemon Chicken

2 large chicken breasts
4 tbsp olive oil
one and a half lemons
garlic salt
fresh cracked pepper

Marinade the chicken in the olive oil with one whole lemon squeezed. Season liberally to taste with garlic salt and pepper for an hour. I also stabbed a bazillion holes in my chicken to help it absorb the marinade...go ahead get some aggression out ;)

Grill on a medium high heat (flipping only once) and each time squeezing lemon to coat while cooking. I also cut lemon slices and placed them on top when they were grilling. Some seasoning will be lost with grilling, so season to taste with salt after done cooking.

And Voila, Lemon chicken with a very lemony flavor. So easy, so delish. And this could easily be done with herbs and seasonings of your choice. I just like simple.

8 comments:

  1. i'm totally trying that recipe...i've absolutely sucked at cooking dinner since i stopped exclusively nursing lincoln (because now i'm not ridiculously starving every second...starvation is a great motivator haha)! and go Justin! Whatta sweet husband :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel guilty if I don't cook. But I ALWAYS choose simple easy meals. I'll start sharing:)

      Delete
  2. That recipe sounds delicious! And no my husband doesn't do things like that. Sounds wonderful though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet hubby! He's definitely a keeper ;o) My husband does the tampon runs for me too and doesn't ever complain! That recipe sounds yummy! My husband loves chicken; I'll have to try it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have a hard time with chicken, but this recipe sounds easy enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...I laughed so hard when I saw the items he brought back from the store. How perfect is HE!!!!
    Laurie @ pride in photos

    ps..mine did something similar on post
    http://prideinphotos.com/2012/07/06/freedom-strikes-fort-myers-fl-photographer/

    I never do this put a post in somebody's comment box...but I really thought you would enjoy reading what my husband wrote to me at the bottom of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have a great/brave husband you lucky lady!! following!

    http://lockstolouboutins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! He is pretty great about stuff like that:)

      Delete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...