Sunday, August 12, 2012

Childhood Musts






 You didn't have a childhood if you never played with Playdoh...
We're just trying to do it "right" around here if ya know what I mean :)



A melt down at the store earlier in the day because he couldn't have yet another hot wheels car made the wheels in my brain turn....
What could we do together that didn't involve car noises and sound effects...or dumping out every single one he owned in our living room?! 
Playdoh!

It was his first experience with it and he did what anyone would do...rolled it in his hands, admired the colors 
Aaand
Smelled it! (You know that distinct smell it has...well it stays with you for life!)

Then we moved on to even more child hood "right of passage" activities...
Painting!
 He did an amazing job choosing colors...giving each one thought and then carefully dipping it into the water glass to rinse off colors in between. A more grown up side to him emerged. 
A creative side. 

There was a point when he decided to experiment on "skin"...

 And pretending to "eat" it just for a Kodak moment...love him.

It's a joy to give him something new to be excited about...



5 comments:

  1. He's so cute! I agree that play-doh is a must for childhood. One of the best Christmas gifts I got was a recipe and the ingredients for homemade. My youngest is 7 and still loves to play with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable and you have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm coming to your house to play! I gave Alivia playdoh not too long ago and she didn't even want to touch it! I think it kind of grossed her out from the expression on her face! I was a little bummed since I love it so much. She had fun watching me make cakes from it though! I'll have to pull it out again ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, try it again! Maybe she will like it! I think it is a good way to pass the time and be involved with them:)

      Delete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...