Friday, August 3, 2012

Late Nights (all for a good cause though!)

I haven't planned on being so MIA lately, but my photography has really started to take off and I am so busy with editing, that I don't have time for my own...

I guess I asked for it. I am so thankful for the opportunity to take pictures of people's special moments...
but I guess I didn't account entirely for the long hours behind the computer.
And because I am such a perfectionist (not so much with my own)...
it is proving a very daunting task.

And then on top of it I want to be a great mom, so I refuse to be on the computer when my son is up, or when I should be taking care of the home front.
 I have this small window of opportunity late at night and just edit til my eyes cannot see anymore and I feel like I am getting too lax with it.

We've had so many great memories made this week too that I cannot wait to share tidbits...
There might be some of those "Catch Up" posts coming when I can squeeze in the time for my own.


I'm not sure if the family would want their photos shared on the web, so I can only post this hand shot.
The shoots I have been doing are centered around nature and being caught in the moment. It's been such a great experience...but entirely different than capturing my own family. With a shoot, it is planned, and those special moments need to be created. Smiles need to be coaxed, and subjects need to be guided to the best "photo op" kind of spot. 
It is tricky...
I think I need to learn some "knock-knock" jokes. 

2 comments:

  1. For families "Is your daddy stinky?" or "Does your daddy make funny noises sometimes?" always works. It also makes the adults laugh because the kids answers crack them up. For little one saying things like monkey, stinky, daisy, etc. works pretty well. If their smiles get really fake try the playing the faces game... show me your sad face, show me your angry face, now show me your happy face! That one always gets a good smile and helps relax their face if they have been doing the akward smile for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is definitely different shooting other people, especially those you don't know well! Looks like you are off to a good start. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...