Saturday, September 8, 2012

Five Years

Wow, five years....five beautiful years married to my best friend.

I made him a beautiful gift...and then wrote some "new" vows...or rather added to my first ones.



"Justin,

Five year, wow! We've sure done a lot in this time. You've been with me for all my best memories. Our son has been the greatest gift you've given me; I'm beyond proud of the father and person you've become.

We've had some hurdles and this relationship might not be perfect, but we've never given up on it-So that's perfect!

I could never rewrite my vows. But I know so much more now that adding to them seems right. I don't vow to be the perfect wife, mother, daughter, or person. I don't vow to always have the best patience, attitude or outlook on life. BUT, I do vow to always try. To try to keep the love I felt the first time I kissed you, the first time I said "I love you", and when we brought our son into this world, that first stare you and I shared after...that love.

The best part of this beautiful marriage? Being married to my best friend. Only YOU could care about all the dumb things I say; only YOU could find me attractive in the mornings; only YOU could see the best in me even when I don't; only YOU could love me for me; and only I could feel the same for you...

We are united because God put us together. Who are we to ever break what he says is perfect?!

So, I vow to always try because God says you and I are so. I love you so much. I like you so much. And even when I don't...you're still mine!

So, what do you say? Another five years, and another and another? And so on?

I do.


Love your wife, 
LeiShell "



So, see you later blogosphere!
 I am off to enjoy five wonderful days with my hubby...going to visit the place where we were married, dinner and then a few days of camping on the beach...Ahhh!

11 comments:

  1. This is just so sweet! Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys have a great five days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!! wow 5 years! congrats! hope you guys have an awesome time "re-celebrating" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a beautiful letter. He is such a lucky man to have you!! Congratulations on 5 years!! that is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful - happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy anniversary!!! such a beautiful letter and such beautiful photos. enjoy your getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- you were married in such a beautiful place! I love the photos and the sweetness of it all. You two are a perfect couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It really is a gorgeous place.

      Delete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...