Sunday, September 16, 2012

Time...

I don't always feel like the perfect mom, wife or person. I think sometimes my best intentions are held back by my desire to do for myself...especially lately getting my photography business off the ground. It gets hard to balance it all, and I have said this before in many posts.

Capturing other people's memories sometimes takes away from capturing my own, or even wanting to break out the camera because I don't want to sort through them later. It made me sad last week because I love it so much as a hobby but was getting bogged down and it was feeling like a chore.

Our recent family trip to the beach made me get the camera out and do it not out of pressure, to better my craft or for money...but because I had moments that I craved to capture. My own.

It is important to BE IN THE MOMENT...and sometimes a lens doesn't allow for that,  
but it can also freeze time and bring you back to beautiful memories when they are looked at later.
So, I had no pressure. I just snapped. And that is what I do best.


We spent the majority of our days digging in the sand, collecting rocks and soaking up the salty sea air. I loved this beach because there were a lot of big rocks which barricaded him towards the shore and put my little momma heart at ease.



He thought it was the best to chase the gulls too. We let him since there was no way he would ever be able to catch one. And yes, I think that is sand in his hand...watch out birds!

You know what is great about camping---or just getting away as a family in general? Not answering phone calls, or emails...or worrying if a load of laundry needs to be done. Those are the things that take time away from special moments and memories that are just waiting for someone to take notice. 

Because I never have "time" to just gaze at rocks...or take pictures of my feet...


I hate that I've made myself so busy lately. And hate that I missed one moment like this....


Time will come, time will go
Time shall reap, that time has sown

Time comes slowly, time goes fast
Time will linger, time outlasts

Time sees all, time knows best
Time remembers, time never forgets

Time will hide, time will reveal
Time will open, time will seal

Time brings hope, time brings fear
Time brings distance, time draws near

Time will help, time will hinder
Time will shine, time turns to cinder

We forget about time, yet it's all we would know
In time there is everything, and time will show
                                                  
                                                    Nate Hawk

Something to think about as we make memories with our loved ones, right?

16 comments:

  1. These are beautiful captures! I feel that I sometimes to too wrapped up taking pictures of the family, I don't actually spend time with them. Trying to find that balance is difficult.

    This beach that you were at is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know that feeling too. I try to take pictures from a distance and then put it down to be apart of the moment. I still will always love capturing my own family more than anyone elses! We camped in Santa Barbara at a Beach called El Capitan. Gorgeous, quiet place...and so clean!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful - so beautiful photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos. Time does go way too fast with a little one around. They grow up so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that too! Sigh, it is just so fast...blink and they are so much bigger! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. My kids love to chase the seagulls too. Time really does fly -- I can't believe that my boy that used to be that size is in middle school and fighting with me about math homework. Enjoy an extra snuggle with your little one today -- for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw, thank you, I sure will. I cannot believe how fast time goes with a little one!

      Delete
  5. Those are all great! I love the one of Eli running and both feet are off the ground...so cute.















    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, his little tummy! every month lincoln's delicious pot belly starts getting smaller and it breaks my heart! good post :) it is difficult to find time to spend enjoying the moment, it's good you were able to be with your family for such an awesome trip! jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I noticed he has a little tummy just like his daddy. Man, genes are strong...so maybe he will not really outgrow it?! haha Thank you!

      Delete
  7. I can definitely relate! I hate it when I'm so busy that I barely have time to breathe! All I have to do is look at Alivia's face to feel guilty. At least then, though, I slow down and live in the moment. I don't want to miss anything! Life is too short, the laundry can definitely wait :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, laundry can wait. I have actually thought of hiring someone to do some light cleaning for me once a week so I can be more absorbed in him..instead of feeling like I have to do it all! Thank you!

      Delete
  8. beautiful pics as usual. :] i'm glad you guys had such a great time ! brett has a slight tummy, too, and i think it is partially from them not standing up straight and just letting their little guts hang out. i love to tickle and blow raspberries on my bubba's tum tum. :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are beautiful LeiShell, and I appreciated this gentle reminder to make more time! :) Have a lovely week! Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...