Monday, November 26, 2012

A Visit to a Zebra

While visiting my parents last week for Thanksgiving, we took a drive to see a wild animal farm where they had zebras, buffalo and lots of other neat animals. 

The farm is private and not for public viewing, but that didn't stop me from getting out to take some pictures. 

I mean, how often do you see zebra outside of a zoo?!




Capturing animals through fencing without getting the fencing is tricky, but if you choose a point of focus and zoom past the fence, it gives the illusion that no fence is even there. P.S. Doesn't my mommy have the most beautiful locks?



Afterwards we went to a Christmas Tree Farm with lots of fun stuff for kiddos to do.
I enjoyed the goat petting zoo even though we were initially attacked by goats when we entered and a baby goat adopted my leg for scratching his antlers on.

How is it possible that all in one day I ended up wanting a pet zebra and a pet goat?!?!
Think they'd get along? ;)


7 comments:

  1. I love how you were able to take pictures of the zebra without the fence in the way! I'm not a huge fan of animals, but I do think the vast majority of them are beautiful. (Some animals are just plain scary-looking, though!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter loves Zebras. These are such fun pictures. I especially like the close up of the Zebra with the coloring and light. Very beautiful and artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! The second photo is GORGEOUS LeiShell!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that zebra, these photos... amazing! Such a beautiful perspective, I'm glad I found you.

    Aloha,

    Stopping by from the GFC hop to say 'hi' and to follow along. I can't wait to get to know you and your blog better. We're riding the wave of life at Local Sugar Hawaii, I'd love for you to come write the lines with us.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day and a very cool place...but easy to miss. The long two lane road along ranches and farms that most people drive right by without ever noticing those gorgeous animals. You captured them beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures!! Stopping by from the GFC hop & excited to follow along!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...