Saturday, January 19, 2013

Eli's Snack Pantry

As Eli gets older, naturally he wants to eat more.
 Keeping up with his never ending appetite can be demanding.
 We have our own "go to snacks" (I'm not including what he actually eats for meals, just snacks) for the days when he just won't stop opening the fridge...and try to keep it healthy as possible while still keeping his taste buds happy.



1.) Sliced apples (sometimes with peanut butter)

2.) Edamame (we discovered this one out to sushi one afternoon, perfect non mess snack!)

3.)Cheese (seriously, is there a kid who doesn't like cheese?)

4.)Yogurt (we only eat greek yogurt because it has less sugar and more protein)

5.)Blueberries, grapes, bananas or cutie oranges 

6.) Trail Mix (I love this for on the go)

7.) Cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots with ranch or sour cream 

8.)Cheerios (sound familiar?)

9.) Pretzels or ritz crackers

10.) Fruit snacks (not by my choice but by his adamancy when we pass the snack isle and the "Dora the Explorer" ones or "Toy Story" packaging is just more than he can handle. These ones are given rarely and last a long time since I shove them toward the back of the cupboard until he remembers to ask for them. We all have our weaknesses, right?! ;)

But I did find some great ones on pinterest to add and change things up for us. 


And THIS link. 23 Healthy Snack Ideas For Kids.
So, I'm curious, what healthy (snacks) do you have for your kids? We could trade ideas:)

4 comments:

  1. I was totally wondering if that worked! I am definitely trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Following you from the GFC blog hop :) great ideas! Love edamame and all fruit for Jack. A great snack that I have found kids love are those dried sugar snap peas. They're sticks and kinda look like green French fries, and Jack just gobbles them up! Most brands are all natural and its s great alternative to crackers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea! Thank you for following:)

      Delete
  3. Livi never wants to try anything new so it's hard to feed her at times. Her snacks consist of graham crackers, fruits (strawberries, grapes, apples, etc.), cheese-its, gold fish, cheerios (definitely), Welch's fruit snacks (only allowed one a day), armenian bread. I'm drawing a blank, I know there are more but I can't think of them right now. If you can believe it, she will not try cheese. It's too bad, 'cause I'm pretty sure she'd like it. She used to eat laughing cow cheese that I'd spread on the armenian bread for her but she hasn't had that in at least 6 months. She used to love yogurt when she was a baby, but not anymore (unfortunately). I've tried to get her to try peanut butter, but she will not. She used to eat english muffins with a little bit of grape jam, but that's a no go too! She drives me crazy sometimes with how picky she is. The reason I don't worry is because she usually eats great meals. Special K for breakfast, chicken for lunch and than lamb chops, pork, spaghetti with broccoli or corn for dinners. I guess I can't really complain ;o) Oh, and thank heavens for vitamins!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...