Thursday, January 24, 2013

Kindred Spirits





These girls on the right of me (or your left) are some of my best friends. We hang out a few times a week, offer conversation about our kids, spouses and anything else we need from each other...plus our kids get to play---and that's pretty great.

Each year since my friend, Ashley (holding the baby) was pregnant,  we take this photo. We actually have a third photo just like this, same poses, same positions when her daughter was just born, but I can't seem to find it amongst my thousands of pictures.

Sigh.

But the point is, it is important to have someone outside of your children, spouse, family that you can confide in...be a girl with.

I feel really lucky that I have quite a few friends besides just these girls to do that with.

I have friends in other states that I text message frequently, friends I rarely talk to, but grew up with and they know me as well as I know myself (before the braces, before I left the awkward growing up stages, before my story had really begun.)

I have friends whose walk with God inspires my own and they go out of their way to help my family here and there. And message me for coffee and movie dates.

I have friends that know how to pick up where we left off even if it has been long enough to start from the beginning. And it feels good to have that.

We all need that.

I'm not an introvert or shy, or have trouble making friends, but I can tell in the first five minutes I meet someone if they are friend material and if it is worth it to get to know them. Not judging, but intuition and a gift for finding kindred spirits...because, the friends I have chosen, have remained my friends over the years regardless of circumstance.

For me it isn't about quantity...but...quality.

Do you have a friend like that or a few?

2 comments:

  1. I have been blessed with friends like that, too! The problem is I'm always forced to move away from them! Still, friends from a distance are better than none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have such great friends. I know how hard they are to find and keep. I have one like this. If you can imagine, we've been friends since she was 4 and me 6 years old. Now she is 34 and I am 36! That just sounds crazy! Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! It's been awhile, I know. It's been crazy over here. I miss blogging and photographing. I hope to get back to it real soon :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...