Monday, January 28, 2013

My nemesis: Laundry



The perfect place to fold laundry, wouldn't you agree? 
You would think the soft light filtering in, the privacy this room always has, and the view looking out to the fresh snow we just had would be a welcome invitation for laundry days. 
But I never enjoy it.

One thing I may or may not have mentioned is that I am a neat freak. As in my house is never dirty, I hate dishes (even one) in the sink and I vacuum and mop my floors daily. 

Okay, I might have OCD. 

So you might think laundry would be my most desired chore of choice, but I like things finished. When I am done, I breathe a sigh of relief that absolutely everything is in its place and spick and span.
So laundry irritates me. As soon as the hamper is empty it is refreshed with yet another item, because people must wear clothes and use blankets and towels. So it never ends.

Regardless of beautiful soft perfect light filtering in and a perfect window seat made for endless hours of folding laundry...
laundry is my nemesis.

How about you? What chore gets you?


5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, you are my hero! You will be so grossed out to know that my floor gets mopped once a month. I do not have the energy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree... Laundry is the one thing I am having the hardest time motivating myself to do... honestly I have to do a load everyday or I will feel behind and from then on its chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is mopping the floors. How do you do yours daily!? I need a little of your mopping OCD to rub off on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel exactly the same! It never ends.

    It's been a while since I've visited. I'm sorry. I've missed you! Hope you are well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually love putting away the girls clean laundry - but laundry isn't that simple! Putting away laundry now means sorting through what does and doesn't fit each girl, pulling out things that no longer fit C but that we need to keep for A, etc. So much brain work!!! I used to love laundry...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...