Friday, February 15, 2013

I Was Nominated...

Recently,
I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award from Suzi at Chores & Chandeliers!


It's pretty neat to be seen in this large blogging community. I began this blog for myself and family, and to later look back on when I am old and decrepit, but have since found a lot of nice bloggers to relate to.:)


Rules
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers...the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another. What to do: 1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves. 2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to. 3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post. 4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award. 5. No tag backs.

Random Facts:
1. I was born at home, as well as 4 other of my siblings, and I got to witness their births.
2. I've always had a bit of a sweet tooth. I usually pick chocolate to fill this craving.
3. I had braces in high school and the year after I graduated. I got them late, but it was worth it. I had a fang tooth when I was younger from my crowded mouth.
4. I've never been on a cruise ship and after the recent Carnival disaster I am glad.
5. I prefer animals at a distance even though I love my dog, Jerry...but not how much he sheds. I think that is why I am not fond of most animals.
6. I collect intricate boxes. I love putting treasures in them.
7. I told people I wanted to be a writer when I was growing up. Most of them laughed at me. But not after I won a few awards in school, including a Pepsi scholarship that helped fund my first car (which was brand new).
8. My favorite colors are green (natural shades) and pastel purple...okay lavender to be exact.
9. My mom and I are best friends. We talk almost everyday about the most random things. I can only do this with her since I hate talking on the phone.
10. I didn't find my career path (passion) til last year. Photography has helped me continue my goal in being a stay at home mom...while being a creative outlet too.
11. I'm good with secrets.

Questions from Chores & Chandeliers:
1. What is one thing you can't live without?
Easy, family.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I started this blog in August 2011, a little over a year after my son was born to document our lives.
4. Do you have pets?
Yes, a Fox Red Lab named Jerry who is 5 and a Russian Tortoise named Speedy.
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I would have to say messy homes. I am a clean freak and clutter bothers me but not nearly as much as dirty floors where the dirt has gathered below the baseboards, or counters that are not wiped off, or bathrooms with hair and dirty toilets. I could go on.
6. What is the last thing you bought yourself?
Well, I am not sure this counts. I picked out a strawberry cherry cupcake yesterday, but since my hubby was there I will say he bought it. So last thing I bought without him was a new shirt from Target. I say Target, not tarjay...who are we kidding?
7. How did you find my blog Chores & Chandeliers?
I found it through a blog hop. I clicked the link and saw a gorgeous header picture...which led me to read more about you and find out how neat you were!
8. What is the last text you sent?
I sent it to my best friend who confirmed she got her birthday card in the mail and missed me. Nice text.
9.Ever been to Nebraska?
Sadly no. I hear it is nice and flat, a huge change from here!
10. What is your biggest fear?
I would say death, but my Savior helps me there, so I will say having family and friends who don't know the Lord and won't be with me in heaven.
11. Do you have any tattoos?
No, I don't. While I find them beautiful and expressive on some, I just can't imagine doing it to my own body!

Questions for Nominees:
1. If you could travel anywhere where would it be?
2. How do you start your day?
3. Where do you see your blog in the next year?
4. Guilty pleasures?
5. How many times a day do you check social media sites?
6. Your favorite food?
7. What are your goals?
8. How did you find my blog?
9. What blogs do you frequent the most?
10. What is your best memory from the last year?
11. Something that makes you happy?

My nominees:
1. Desiree All At Once
2. Anna Anna & Co.
3. Jen Kaleidoscope Memoirs
4. Elena Cropped Stories
5. Kristin k.c. captured
6. Lindsey At Home with the Hammonds
7. Laurie Love, Laurie
8.  Kacie  Mama Case
9. Emily Scattered Horizons
10. Anne All in a Day's Work
11. Callie  Bennett Love

6 comments:

  1. you are the sweetest and I am so honored that you nominated my blog! I just love your blog and learning more about you!! looking forward to watching your blog grow and blossom and see more amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw! you're so sweet! I've been a horrible blogger lately - my goal was to post at least one picture every other day, but for some reason my laptop has stayed shut the last few weeks more than i hoped...also meaning i've been missing out on how awesome your blog has become!! So freaking adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LeiShell. Just hopped over to your blog from Kelle Hampton's blog and had to say hi. A) we would be friends in real life because you can keep secrets but B) LOVE finding new blogs where I can read about toddler boys just a bit older than mine and C) a dirt themed bday party? Um... just AWESOME. Anyway, can't wait to follow along and hope you'll stop by and say hi! I can always use advice from momma's of toddler boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, thanks for nominating my blog! It really has been great getting to know you through your blog and getting baby advice from you :) love that you're so passionate about photography because you're sure good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too sweet-thanks for nominating my blog! With a new baby it has been a challenge posting as often as I would like to. I am hoping it gets easier as we get into a routine! I love reading your blog and seeing your gorgeous photos! You have a beautiful family:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for nominating my blog... so very sweet. I hope to answer all of your questions very soon.
    Blessing,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...