Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter 2013



Lower Left: Sharing some of his eggs with a little girl made my heart feel so full.
Compared to last Easter he is so much bigger and grown up looking :(






It's amazing how little things such as "egg hunting" and decorating become such big things when you have a child. Something about their joy and light heartedness brings it all about.

Growing up in a devote Christian home, we did not participate in anything festive of this sort, Easter bunnies and eggs were out of the question. My parents always wanted us to understand the deeper meaning behind it and the amazing sacrifice of Jesus shouldn't be clouded by eggs, candy and bunnies.

I still agree with that. I do want Eli to know that his Lord and Savior loves him so much that He sent his only begotten son to die for our sins so that we would have everlasting life. It cannot be down played by eggs and bunnies...

But we have chosen to participate in some of these fun activities, because growing up was hard to miss out on things other kids were getting to do. 
We aim to never let this be the focus of this important day, but also thank the Lord that He has given us a chance to enjoy simple things with our children. So yeah, eggs and the bunny have absolutely nothing to do with Easter...

But I gotta say, I love his little smile. 

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing the little hands in the mugs! Looks like he had a great time coloring eggs! My little one absolutely loved it! And he is just so sweet sharing his eggs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so happy! I have the same kind of thinking with Easter--yes, it's important for the amazing-ness of the holiday not to be lost in traditions, but traditions are fun too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...