Monday, April 1, 2013

20 Weeks Halfway There!


And we're halfway there!!!
I love his hand on my tummy!
The top ultrasound is our little Owen at 19 weeks growing steadily. The bottom is Eli at 18 weeks. The profile similarities are amazing. Almost identical!

"Baby is about 10 1/2 ounces and about 10 inches long from head to heel or about the size of a banana . He is swallowing more which is good for his digestion and now produces meconium, a gooey sticky black biproduct of digestion."

Weight Gain: About 17lbs. so far.

Sleep: Pretty fair. Just lots of bathroom trips and I am so thirsty mostly at night. Maybe more water during the day will help...but it was the same with my first pregnancy.

Feeling: Good! Just some occasional indigestion and some slight sciatica but totally tolerable and so far infrequent.

Cravings: Not many this week. I had a few more trips for donuts but those were satisfied after a few bites and it wasn't really anything I "can't do without". I still really enjoy anything salad wise or juicy fruits like oranges.

Belly Button  In or Out: Definitely out. And I had a piercing when I was 16 that has been out for over ten years...but the sealed hole is still there. It didn't turn into a scar with Eli, but this time it already itches and I worry over that terrible "V" some women get. Ugh. Tell your daughters to never pierce their belly buttons!

Maternity: Sadly, I need to go shopping and I think for maternity...at least some things. My pants are folded over or held together by an elastic hair tie. I am at "that phase". 

Movement: Yes, for some time now. He is all over the place and his kicks are crazy noticeable from the outside. I also felt hiccups for the first time the other day. Such a sweet precious feeling!

Sex: Boy! Our little Owen. The ultrasound I had at 14 weeks for torn abdominal muscles said boy and then last week confirmed that. He is definitely ALL BOY!

Exciting thing this week: Hiccups! And also seeing baby on the ultrasound kicking, sucking his fingers and seeing his little boy parts. Amazing!

Looking forward to: In the short term...getting some clothes that fit. In the long term, holding this little bundle of joy taking form inside me. So excited for that!

Notes: It was amazing having Eli and my hubby in the ultrasound room sharing that special moment together. Eli kept asking, "you otay, mommy?" Because my shirt was up and he noticed all the Dr. equipment around us. I guess he wanted to make sure! But as soon as he saw the baby on the screen moving and sucking he would say over and over "that's baby Owen, mommy!" Definitely the highlight of my week!

And on another note, we got a new couch. A huge one that can accommodate all of us without having to be a couch away from each other. We gave our other ones to some friends that needed them and it was so nice to be able to make others happy. We've done nothing but "ooh and aaah" over them all day:) God is good!



All the photos are Instagram pics. The sun has been shining a lot lately, maybe that will inspire me more to get out the big one. I know these aren't fabulous and I sure do miss being creative....

8 comments:

  1. Awe, you are looking great! It's crazy how similar their profiles are! Really! Love the name Owen too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I love the comparison of the two profiles - that's cool how similar they are. Your new couch looks awesome - plenty of room for your growing family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love his hand on your tummy, how sweet! That picture is a framer, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing little Owen's picture! He's already sooooo cute ;o) I remember how amazing it was to see the baby kicking and movings! What I loved most was seeing her little heart beating (it was soooo amazing)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! This warms my heart :)

    When younger I pierced my belly button too. Fortunately it didn't scar too badly with my pregnancies, but I wish I hadn't done it.
    That new couch looks lovely. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! So exciting to see your family growing! Eli will be a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the picture of you and your boys! You look beautiful and how precious that Eli has his hand on your belly - he is going to be a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH my gosh that picture is SO cute! When is your due date ?I didn't remember us being so close! I'm August 2nd :) Looking good girly ! Though WAY smaller than me!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...