Tuesday, June 4, 2013

29 weeks 1 day


I feel like I am super terrible at updating the blog lately! 
And honestly, I haven't taken but maybe one pregnant photo with something other than my phone which is pretty pathetic. My goal is to remedy that this week.


29 weeks 1 day:

Baby is about the size of a butternut squash and weighs about 2.5 lbs and a little over 15 inches long head to heel. His lungs and muscles are continuing to mature and nutrition is very important for his growing in the next few weeks.

Feeling: I just got over a horrible stomach virus last week that put me out for four days with literally not being able to hold fluids in. My appetite has just regained the last few days and I am making up for some lost nutrients. I have to say, that while pregnancy is so enjoyable for me, I have been more uncomfortable and fatigued this time around. I nap a lot and try not to over do it.

Sleep: I still wake a few times a night to go to the bathroom, and have resorted to putting a pillow between my legs to alleviate pelvic pressure, but mostly I sleep pretty okay.

Changes: I grew pretty fast and so keeping up with a wardrobe was hard until I splurged a little and bought some more maternity clothes. My OB said I am carrying a lot like the end of a pregnancy and anticipates that this may help for a smoother labor and delivery (hopefully!). 

Also, we bought a new car a few days ago so I could easily accommodate two little ones, without the hassle of climbing in (I had a big truck and now my hubby drives that) and it is one step towards preparations for two!

Cravings?: I love those mexican icecream bars that are all natural with flavors like coconut, strawberry, mango, etc. Man, so good.

Heartburn?: Yes, mostly at night when I want to go to sleep. I don't eat spicy things, but it seems that just having a full belly gives me heartburn. I don't think it is as bad as with Eli since I am carrying much lower this time and baby spends most of his time kicking my bladder not my ribs.

Swelling?: Only on days I am on my feet too much or when I travel outside of the mountains where the heat is approaching 100 degrees. I have a lot more time to rest this pregnancy as I don't have to go to work.

Looking forward to: Finishing his nursery. We got all the furniture in his room, but nothing is set up and no theme has been chosen yet. I haven't even been to baby stores this time around and it makes me sad. With Eli I was in them every weekend, wishing and dreaming of his arrival. I know that once I have my shower it will put some of that into motion...but man, I feel like I am slacking this time!

Name: Owen Cole

Does Eli know about the baby?: Yes, very much so. He always lifts my shirt up to see my belly and he lifts his shirt up, sucking his tummy in and out, imitating the movement of my belly. So cute. He says "baby Owen" a lot and talks about when he "comes out". It is very cute to watch and makes this pregnancy unique for that reason.

So look forward to some better pregnancy pictures in the next week or so. I plan on slowing down a little to take some! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! It's so good to get an update! :) Don't overwork yourself anymore than you have to--I can imagine that it's a lot more challenging when you have another little one to keep track of while you're growing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bump date! You are looking fabulous! Sorry about the stomach virus; I guess it's going around (i've heard about it on other people's blogs) :o( I prayer it doesn't get us! Love the name you chose for the baby (it's adorable)! You got me hungry when I read about your cravings; sounds absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...