Wednesday, October 9, 2013

An Update and Mastitis

~A little update over here in phone pics~


I've been recovering from a horrible case of Mastitis that sent me desperately to Urgent Care for antibiotics. I'm no stranger to breast infections and always try to beat it on my own with lots of moist heat, massage and nursing. But this time I was going septic and just couldn't bear the pain of it any longer and opted for help outside of myself.
I'm glad I did. Within hours of the first pill I felt able to hold my baby again and began to move around. (Before that I lay lifeless in bed for two days.)

A generous friend brought me groceries and lunch while I was recovering and all the love, and those magic little antibiotic pills made me feel well enough to get outside for a bit.

My mom (whom I rarely see these days since she is in nursing school and lives almost an hour away), came up for the day to help me out with the baby and Eli.

She snapped Owen's first experience down the slide. I am sure there will be many more!

From another park outing before I got sick. We aren't experiencing warm gorgeous weather like this day anymore. In fact,  we had our first snow today. Eew.
I've been bathing Owen in the bathroom sink lately simply because he still fits. He enjoys it.
The guilt of not having my son in preschool this year because it would be just too hard to volunteer with a baby (it's a co-op) has made me opt for some homeschool preschool. And twice a week he has a play date with different friends. He is beginning to recognize some of his letters from our practicing, even telling me that 'A'  begins apple and avocado.
Proud moments.

And just some fun phone moments. I never get sick of capturing even if it is just with my phone!
It goes so fast!

You only regret the photos you didn't take!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better! That looks like a fun little park outing. And that must be really cool to see him starting to recognize letters and gain those beginning skills for writing and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm sorry you were feeling so bad and I hope you are well on the road to recovery. Mastitis is one thing I haven't experienced (and hope I never do!) but I've heard it's awful. I love all the pictures - you have two adorable boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I never had mastitis, but had some awful weeks adjusting to breastfeeding at the beginning, and have heard that mastitis is the WORST. It's a really good thing that you went!! Mama's gotta stay healthy, and it sounds like it was going to turn south fast.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...