Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cousins


Last week I babysat my niece, LeiAna. Her and Eli are only about eight months apart, so they are at a great age to play together.

Apparently, four years old is when imaginary friends come into play. I heard all about her adventures with "Magdalena" and another one I can't pronounce. She's spirited, sensitive, kind, loving and very motherly. 
Eli was the constant source of her tattling, making sure that he was doing what he was supposed to at all times. I guess you could say I had a sort of babysitter for a good 24 hours!


When night time came, I bathed the kids and set them up on the couch with the movie Despicable Me 2. She begged to hold Owen, so I decided to prop her up with him and see how she did. She was so gentle and aware that I was able to tidy up the kitchen from dinner (of course, within a straight shot to them on the couch!)





What a little mommy she is. And apparently Eli has taken some cues from her because since then he asks to hold the baby constantly. I found him picking up the baby on his own (yikes!) but my heart is warmed knowing he just wants to take care of him. 

And Owen doesn't seem to mind the added attention!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...