Thursday, April 3, 2014

Owen 7 Months!


This sweet little love is 7 months old and I am more in awe and in love than I thought possible. The wonderment doesn't dissipate just because this is my second. It kind of all feels like a brand new experience just because everything really is a first with HIM.

We've been so busy lately. This little guy is mobile and Eli is in preschool three days a week, plus spring is coming so I am booked with clients. Busy is good, but busy also makes things feel like they are speeding away from me that much faster.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Owen has this fire in him.
 A desire to be big and go and explore. He wants to know what everything is and his determination will get him to the thing he wants every time.
He also seems to understand so much behind those dark big eyes. He has said "hi" twice now, both times when it was said to him first. It was a jaw drop moment..like, "did he just say that?" 

He's very much a happy content little guy almost all the time, something everyone notices and comments on which really makes him such a joy and the crying time taken more seriously when he isn't so happy. 
His favorite thing seems to be whatever his brother has, or wherever he is. They have a bond that makes me wonder how I ever could have only had one child. It's unique and beautiful. Eli is the protective and loving big brother I wanted and imagined for Owen...and Owen thinks Eli is the coolest person on the planet. 
He will crawl from the living room past the kitchen and into Eli's room to be apart of the imaginary play going on in there. And Eli's toys always seem way more desirable than his baby toys...go figure.


I will admit that the newborn phase was easier for me and this phase is kind of hard in the sense that now that he is mobile I cannot trust him to be in the spot that I put him in. So baby proofing and just being nearby more than before has made it hard to get things accomplished. Owen plays really well on his own, only getting fussy when he's tired or hungry, but his inquisitiveness makes him untrustworthy, and even my baby proofing is no match for it. He always seems to find things he shouldn't have and they go straight to his mouth...everything in his mouth. As clean and tidy as I keep it and he found a foil wrapping from a yogurt Eli had eaten. That is the challenge on its own...making sure that Eli keeps his small toys separate from Owen's and he get his trash to the trash. 

But things are going really well and I'm looking forward to seeing his little personality blossom and holding on to this moment at the same time. 


Crawls on all fours.

Sits well.

Eats solids here and there. Loves whole foods in his mesh feeder most and apple sauce.

Two teeth still, getting two more.

Says momma, bobba and hi.

Pulled himself up in his crib (we had to lower it!)

Sleeps through the night.

Takes two naps.

Loves his brother.

Wears 9-12 mos clothing.

Size 3 Diapers.

Not sure how much he weighs yet, guessing almost 18lbs.

Still hates the car at night.

Loves cell phones, remote controls and pretty much anything not for kids.

Gives kisses when asked.

So there you have it! Now maybe I won't wait a month to post! 

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't be more in loveđź’– These posts make me want to drop everything and go sweep him up in my arms. Such a beautiful soul~

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...