Friday, August 22, 2014

Cake Cake Cake!

Owen's birthday was supposed to be at our house with about 20 guests but at the last minute my hubby asked if we could cancel it, because he felt we could put more money into subsequent birthdays instead and just keep it small. 
I had so many decorations already made and was so sad to think of them going to waste. We did a smaller thing at my parent's house so I set a few of them up. I also used them to decorate his room afterwards, so not wasted at all! 
We were planning a pool day too but it rained us out. Nothing really went as I had envisioned, but he got to eat cake and that was what really matters, right?!

We ordered pizza and enjoyed some much needed family time and just let Owen take control of his day. He played and perused all over their house and after we ate, we all went on a nice long walk around the neighborhood. There were lots of thunder clouds that day and it made for the perfect ambiance. It ended up being perfect.

So even though I didn't get to throw him a big first party, he loved it and that is all that matters.

He didn't even care about presents and just wanted to play with the red firetruck my parents have for when the kids come over to play...go figure!



























2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I just love the photos! Especially the ones of him enjoying his birthday cake!!! Thank you for sharing his special day. I'm so glad things went so well and you for to use all of your decorations. Everything was so perfect! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cake pictures are perfect! I love that he was so in to it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...